A new Circle-Vision 360 film is in development for Epcot’s China Pavilion called Wondrous China. The film will utilize new technology that will allow the film to be seamless and is expected to debut in 2020. It is expected that a character from Mulan will host the new film.
August 25, 2019: During the Parks and Resorts presentation at the 2019 D23 Expo, Bob Chapek announced the name for the new China Pavilion film will be Wondrous China.
August 19, 2019: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the Parks and Resorts presentation at the D23 Expo (scheduled for August 25th) is expected to be Epcot heavy and include the following updates:
- Details on the Circle Vision films in China and Canada
- The United Kingdom attraction
- The update to Spaceship Earth
- The updates to Future World
- Updates and a name for the long term fireworks show that will follow Epcot Forever
July 1, 2019: On the latest episode of the Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill indicates that the China film may be delayed due to the new tariffs between the United States and China.
May 13, 2019: WDWNT.com is reporting that the following films will debut in January 2020 as part of the 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts:
- New Seamless Circle-Vision 360 film for the China Pavilion.
- New Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long in the France Pavilion.
- New Circle-Vision 360 film for the Canada Pavilion. An additional note on this from the article indicates that the film likely will not be seamless and is unlikely to feature Martin Short.
- New Awesome Planet show for The Land Pavilion.
November 18, 2018: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the new China Film will feature a host from a Disney movie (presumably a character from Mulan).
September 28, 2018: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the footage is in production and the new film is expected to debut in 2020.
July 15, 2017: At the 2017 D23 Expo, Disney announced they are producing a new Circle-Vision 360 film for Epcot’s China Pavilion. The film will utilize new technology that will allow the film to be seamless.