This rumor is highly volatile and involves multiple locations of a new Monorail resort. The likeliest location is between the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
Previous versions of this rumor involved a relocation of the Ticket and Transportation Center.
We are considering this Blue Sky at this point.
September 4, 2019: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 implied that the extended pathway around the Seven Seas Lagoon may mean the addition of another monorail resort.
July 12, 2019: According to LaughingPlace.com Disney confirmed that a new pathway will connect Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa directly with the Magic Kingdom.
July 11, 2019: WDWMagic.com user SomeInternetGuy posted a construction permit with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for a new walking pathway that connects Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa to the Magic Kingdom.
February 15, 2019: WDWMagic.com marni1971 is reporting that Disney may be looking at the area of land between the Ticket and Transportation Center and the Contemporary Resort as the location of a new resort.
Decemer 10, 2018: WDWMagic.com user danlb_2000 is reporting that Disney filed a permit to expand the STOLport trailer complex.
May 11, 2016: WDWMagic.com user danlb_2000 is reporting that Disney filed a permit with the South Florida Water Management District that would result in changes to World Drive. This is expected to affect guests in the following ways:
- Busses will no longer need to drive by the Ticket and Transportation Center when leaving the Magic Kingdom.
- Guests at the Magic Kingdom Resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian Villages, Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge) will no longer need to travel through the Magic Kingdom parking gates.
- Guests driving to the Magic Kingdom will enter the parking lot closer to the former Speedway area.
January 1, 2016: On Episode 94 of The Unofficial Guide’s Disney Dish with Jim Hill, Jim discusses rumors related to the potential relocation of the Ticket and Transportation Center
- TTC Relocation: This relocation involves multiple moving parts.
- The former STOL port airport is an area of land immediately East of the Magic Kingdom Parking lot. This area is typically used for construction staging, but the new plan is to turn this into the new offsite bus parking area. Transportation would take guests arriving by offsite bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center via some sort of transportation (presumably a standard parking tram).
- This would eliminate the need for the existing Bus area immediately to the right (East) of the Ticket and Transportation Center.
- The TTC would be relocated to the new Bus area and would take into consideration the different demands of today’s guests (ADA Compliance, larger crowds, ECVs, strollers, etc).
- New Resort: With the TTC relocated, this allows the former TTC area to be the entrance to a new resort with the area directly North of this area (along Seven Seas Lagoon) potentially being used as part of this new resort.