Journey of Water is a new exploration trail inspired by the movie Moana coming to Epcot’s Future World.
The attraction will feature interactive water fountains and be located in Future World West near The Seas With Nemo and Friends Pavilion
August 22, 2019: At the media preview of the D23 Expo, Twitter user @carlyewisel shared photos of many of the displays.
Highlights included the following:
- Journey of Water attraction poster presented by Moana (this is a water maze, not a ride)
Disney also released a piece of concept art for the new walking trail.
April 8, 2019: WDWNT.com is reporting details on several of the expected changes coming to Epcot’s Future World as part of Project Gamma. Details include the following:
- The center area of Future World (formerly Pin Central, beyond Spaceship Earth) will become a garden
- The Fountain of Nations (the fountain in front of the walkway to World Showcase) will become a permanent Beer Garden)
- Innoventions West will be replaced with several items including the “Journey of Water” trail/maze the “Festival Canopy” and “Character Meet and Greets”
- Club Cool and Fountain View / Starbucks will be replaced with a new Festival Center
The expectation is that these will be announced at or before the 2019 D23 Expo and completion is expected to be by 2022.
WDWMagic.com user marni1971 reported that while placement of specific items on the map created by WDWNT may be slightly off, the general points are correct.