Numerous projects are being considered for Epcot at various stages of development. As part of this overhaul, a subtle name change to the park is also possible with the rumored name change being Epcot World Center (as seen on permits in February 2018.
Epcot’s budget is rumored to be in excess of $2 billion.
Individual attractions and pavilions will also receive updates and additions that will be tracked in separate rumors, those include the following:
- BLUE SKY
- Changes Coming to Imagination Pavilion?
- Changes Coming to the Seas Pavilion?
- DuckTales to Replace Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure?
- New Attraction Coming to United Kingdom Pavilion?
- New Pavilion to be Added to World Showcase?
- Projection Show Coming to Epcot?
- Spaceship Earth to Receive Updates?
- Updates Coming to Impressions de France?
- Updates Coming to Living with the Land?
- IN DEVELOPMENT
- Future World Updates Rumor Tracker
- Innoventions Removal Rumor Tracker
- ‘Awesome Planet’ Film Coming to the Land Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along Rumor Tracker
- Disney Skyliner Rumor Tracker
- ‘Epcot Forever’ Interim Show and Permanent Nighttime Shows to Replace Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster Rumor Tracker
- Leave a Legacy Tiles to be Removed
- New Creperie Restaurant Coming to Epcot’s France Pavilion
- New Film Coming to Epcot’s China Pavilion
- O Canada! Updates Rumor Tracker
- The Odyssey to be Remodeled into ‘The Experience Center’
- Play Pavilion Rumor Tracker
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Rumor Tracker
- Space Themed Restaurant Coming to Future World
- Takumi-Tei Restaurant Coming to Japan Pavilion
This Rumor Tracker will be retained for more general Epcot information and the individual Rumor Trackers will be updated as needed.
August 19, 2019: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the Parks and Resorts presentation at the D23 Expo (scheduled for August 25th) is expected to be Epcot heavy and include the following updates:
- Details on the Circle Vision films in China and Canada
- The United Kingdom attraction
- The update to Spaceship Earth
- The updates to Future World
- Updates and a name for the long term fireworks show that will follow Epcot Forever
June 6, 2019: Disney announced that the D23 Expo Parks, Experiences and Products presentation will take place on Sunday August 25th at 10:30 AM PST and details on the transformation of Epcot will be announced.
May 29, 2019: The Disney Parks Blog teased fans with an announcement today that Epcot updates would be announced at the D23 Expo. The Expo will be held from August 23-25th at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Details were limited, and largely in line with previous announcements of the park’s evolution. Of note was the mention of new pavilion icons in the style of the classic Epcot pavilion logos.
Also of note was the specific mention of items flanking Spaceship Earth. The article also referred to Epcot as the “foodie park” potentially giving an indication that the Festival schedule will not be changing.
February 5, 2018: BlogMickey.com has posted photos from the Southern Florida Water Management District that showcase development at the front of Epcot. These photos show the creation of a new pond, an extension of the existing parking lot and the likely location of the rumored Epcot resort. The plans also feature the label, “Epcot World Center” directly on Spaceship Earth, indicating a hint at a potential name change to Future World or the park itself.
October 24, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that the budget for Epcot is in excess of $2 billion, not including any hotel.
October 24, 2017: On Episode 138b of the Unofficial Guide’s Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill discusses that the $2 billion budget to redo Epcot may be modified to facilitate the construction of a hotel.
They discussed two possible locations for the hotel. One would be South East of the current Wonder Parking Lot, and the other is near the Bus Parking area.
March 21, 2017: WDWMagic.com user MagicFeather is reporting that the expected likelihood of projects taking place in Epcot is as follows:
- Mission: SPACE update/refurbishment
- Ratatouille attraction in the France Pavilion
- Guardians of the Galaxy attraction replacing Ellen’s Energy Adventure
- Small attraction addition to the United Kingdom Pavilion
- First new country in World Showcase (Likely Brazil)
- Living with the Land/The Land Pavilion refurbishment
- Second new country in World Showcase (Likely Spain)
March 14, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting that multiple projects are in the works at Epcot. He does not expect all of them to be green lit, but he knows of 18 different projects being considered, 10 of which include intellectual properties. He also made a point that not all of these projects are new attractions.
November 15, 2013: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported that two major additions are coming to Epcot.