The Disney Parks Blog hosted a live chat with Jennifer Fickley-Baker alongside members of the Rivers of Light creative team, Michael Jung and Mark Renfrow. Highlights include:
- Michael Jung has been working on the show for over 3 years.
The show will feature two nomadic Asian shaman's that will tell the story of Rivers of Light.
- Ashima – A human embodiment of water. Her name means "limitless".
- Aditya – He is the embodiment of fire and light. His name means "like the sun" in Nepalese
- Composer Mark Mancina crafted an original song for the show. Don Harper created the entire score for Rivers of Light. The score was recorded at Abbey Road in London.
- Approximately 100 floating lanterns will float around the water including many animal float lanterns.
- The show features four animal spirit guides: tiger, elephant, owl, turtle
- Show capacity is approximately 5000 per show. The show can be scene from outside the viewing area but it should be viewed from within the viewing area.
- Fastpass+ will be available for the show
The full chat can be found below with a behind the scenes look beginning at the 14:00 mark: