Walt Disney World Resort Temporary Closure
03/16/2020 - 07/14/2020
Closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Theme Parks had their last day of operation on March 15, 2020
- Disney Springs had its last day of operation on March 16, 2020 and began a phased reopening that began on May 20, 2020.
- All Resorts closed March 20, 2020 at 5 PM
- Disney Vacation Club Hotels re-opened to guests June 22, 2020
- Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom re-opened to all guests July 11, 2020. Both parks had Annual Passholder previews on July 9-10, 2020 and Cast Member previews on July 7-8, 2020. The monorail and water transportation also re-opened on July 11, 2020.
- EPCOT and Disney's Hollywood Studios re-opened to all guests July 15, 2020. Both parks had Cast Member previews on July 13-14, 2020. The Disney Skyliner also re-opened to all guests July 15, 2020
- Several restaurants, resorts, attractions, shops and other offerings re-opened after the dates outlined in the preceding posts. When the information is available, the re-opening of select offerings will be noted on that offering's individual timeline.
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Disney's Blizzard Beach water parks opened at a later date.
Disney Vacation Club Resorts Official Re-Opening
Following the closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic, select Disney Vacation Club Resorts re-opened to DVC guests and guests with existing reservations:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Major Refurbishment
09/28/2020 - 08/15/2021
End date is unconfirmed. Updates to the Great Ceremonial House and guest rooms are anticipated. Changes to the rooms will include a Pacific Ocean-inspired color palette as well as details, patterns and textures from Disney’s “Moana.” Select areas of the resort remained open during the refurbishment.
- Beginning September 28th the front desk will be relocated to a temporary area in the Pago Pago building.
- The monorail station will close November 2nd and it is expected to remain closed until mid-July 2021.
- Kona Cafe, Moana Mercantile, Tambu Lounge, and Pineapple Lanai will modify their operational hours beginning October 4th but will remain open during the refurbishment.
- The villas and bungalows will remain open during the refurbishment while the main hotel will be closed.
See Full Timeline
MEAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
- Character Breakfast
- Character Lunch
- Character Dinner