Walt Disney World Resort Temporary Closure
03/16/2020 - 07/14/2020
Closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Theme Parks had their last day of operation on March 15, 2020
- Disney Springs had its last day of operation on March 16, 2020 and began a phased reopening that began on May 20, 2020.
- All Resorts closed March 20, 2020 at 5 PM
- Disney Vacation Club Hotels re-opened to guests June 22, 2020
- Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom re-opened to all guests July 11, 2020. Both parks had Annual Passholder previews on July 9-10, 2020 and Cast Member previews on July 7-8, 2020. The monorail and water transportation also re-opened on July 11, 2020.
- EPCOT and Disney's Hollywood Studios re-opened to all guests July 15, 2020. Both parks had Cast Member previews on July 13-14, 2020. The Disney Skyliner also re-opened to all guests July 15, 2020
- Several restaurants, resorts, attractions, shops and other offerings re-opened after the dates outlined in the preceding posts.
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Disney's Blizzard Beach water parks opened at a later date.
Disney Vacation Club Resorts Official Re-Opening
Following the closure due to the Coronavirus pandemic, select Disney Vacation Club Resorts re-opened to DVC guests and guests with existing reservations:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Electrical Water Pageant Official Re-Opening
See Full Timeline