LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Fireworks are synonymous with the Fourth of July and Walt Disney World Resort, and on Independence Day 2018, Disney theme parks will offer guests a bevy of booming delights.
Nighttime “wows” for the holiday include:
Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
Fireworks will soar above Magic Kingdom Park while the air swells with patriotic melodies. The two-nights-only show starts at 9:15 p.m. on July 3 and July 4.
Also at Magic Kingdom Park:
- DJs will host dance parties in Frontierland and Tomorrowland on July 3 and July 4.
- The Muppets Present…Great Moments in American History: Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie Bear and friends reenact famous moments in American history – as only they can. The live show is performed daily in Liberty Square.
FUN FACT: The Liberty Bell in Liberty Square is a replica cast from the same mold of the original in Philadelphia; it was placed in Magic Kingdom Park in recognition of the bicentennial of the United States Constitution in 1987.
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
The perennial “kiss goodnight” at Epcot will include a special fireworks finale that paints the sky red, white and blue. The spectacular begins at 9 p.m. on July 4.
Also at Epcot:
- The Voices of Liberty a cappella group will perform traditional Americana songs on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m.
- Disney Characters dressed in Independence Day attire will meet guests during the day at The American Adventure.
FUN FACT: More than 26,000 feet of lights outline the Epcot World Showcase pavilions that play a role in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.”
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
Fireworks are just one portion of this immersive nighttime experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Adding state-of-the-art projection effects, dynamic lighting and lasers, the show transports guests to a galaxy far, far away and into iconic scenes from the Star Wars saga. This one-of-a-kind “wow” begins at 10 p.m. on July 4.
FUN FACT: The show now includes an all-new sequence from “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
Select theme parks and resorts will offer exclusive dessert items in honor of Independence Day. Examples include:
- A Fourth of July cupcake featuring an apple-pie filling at Creature Comforts and Isles of Java at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- A sparkly red-white-and-blue coconut macaroon dipped in white chocolate at BoardWalk Bakery at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort.
- Patriotic dipped strawberries and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse mini-domes at Amorette’s at Disney Springs.
The Fourth at the Fort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort& Campground will offer several special events around the Fourth of July holiday:
- The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place Tuesday, July 3. Pre-registration is available June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7 a.m. in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location at 7:30 a.m.
- The Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade begins at 4 p.m. on July 4. Registration will be open June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn.
- The Fourth of July Beach Bash at Clementine’s Beach will take place from 6-11 p.m. on July 4. Guests will enjoy a live DJ, dancing, games, contests, a movie, and more. In addition, the Fort Wilderness food truck will be available in the settlement area with delicious items for purchase.