LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (June 28, 2018) – A treasure trove of merchandise inspired by some of the most iconic toys in history will greet guests when Toy Story Land opens June 30 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The new 11-acre land brings to life all the magic and fun of the hit Pixar Animation Studios Toy Story films.
Guests find exclusive logoed merchandise, must-have collectibles and unique gifts that become take-home memories of their days in the newest land at Walt Disney World Resort.
Designers created merchandise that extends the story of Toy Story Land, explained Brad Schoeneberg, Director, Merchandise Strategy and New Park Experiences Development.
“Merchandise true to the story – that ties everything together – is key,” he said. “Each piece was designed so parents and kids could relive the fun of Toy Story Land long after their Disney vacation.”
Toy Story characters, beloved by young and old, have starring roles in the playful merchandise available for purchase from two retail stands in the 11-acre land. Themed to a toy dump truck and toy camper, respectively, the locations are as adorable as the merchandise they offer.
Among the enticing choices:
- Guests can wear Slinky Dog, inspired by the Slinky Dog Dash family-friendly coaster. Slinky Dog’s stretching coils wrap around guests as a toy and fashion accessory, with playful light-up rings.
- The Buzz Lightyear Bubble Blower is sure to be a hit. Buzz shoots bubbles out of his helmet, and everyone’s favorite space ranger also features a light-up chest and arms.
- Guests can make a fashion statement with a unique headband or stylish apparel. They can “get their alien on” in an optic-green headband with a row of eyeballs belonging to a space Alien; the eyes shift with each head movement. There is also a delightfully amusing headband perched on by Slinky Dog. For true fashionistas, a fun graphic shirt splashed with Toy Story characters is just the ticket. Or accessorize with a necklace playfully strung with Toy Story
- “I Played There” commemorative t-shirts let the world know the wearer was among the first guests to experience Toy Story Land.
- Disney’s new merchandise line also includes small-scale replicas of attraction vehicles – Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers – that no shelf in a child’s room should be without. A spring-action Slinky Dog Dash& Dodge Power Boost Set sends Slinky Dog on his way, just like the family-friendly coaster that inspired it. When designing the replica toys, the Disney Parks Merchandise team used the actual 3D files created for the attractions by Walt Disney Imagineering.
Alien-themed light-up tumblers, colorful tote bags, home decor, caps and coffee cups, bracelets and backpacks, collector pins and t-shirts – all will celebrate the new land.
According to Schoenberg, designers updated the entire Pixar line of merchandise, so there is a freshness to everything, including existing merchandise. With special role-playing apparel, guests can dress head to toe like Buzz Lightyear, Woody or Jessie. Incredibles family wear is also available in the park.
Fans can also find the full line of Pixar merchandise in stores crisscrossing Disney’s Hollywood Studios, including Beverly Sunset, In Character and Mickey’s of Hollywood.