- A perilous journey aboard a runaway train through the Himalayan mountains. Adventurous riders push deep into the lair of the feared yeti, guardian of the forbidden mountain. En route, they encounter torn tracks, spiral backwards through the fog into an ice cavern and dart into and out of the mountain in a high-speed adventure.
- Mountain peak: At just under 200 feet, the tallest of 18 mountains created by Disney Imagineers at Disney parks worldwide.
- Chilling thrills: A careening adventure including an 80-foot drop, plus frightening encounters with the mystical yeti.
- Length: Nearly a mile of track as riders encounter harrowing twists, tight turns and drops.
- Ride vehicle: Modeled after an aging, steam-engine tea train; 34 passengers per train.
- Yeti, Guardian of the Mountain: The mammoth-sized Audio-Animatronics yeti has a potential thrust, in all of its hydraulic cylinders combined, of slightly over 259,000 pounds force — potentially more instantaneous power than a 747-400 airliner.
- Forced perspective: To create the sense of an enormous mountain range, Imagineers painted a “mural” of shadows across the face of the mountains. The range with its glaciers and valleys is a canvas of rockwork, carvings and painting creating a forced perspective where closer-in objects have a massive look while appliques trick the eye into perceiving far off objects.