LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – A record number of global food and wine marketplaces – 35 in all –will sizzle with new edible delights to celebrate 35 years of Epcot during the 22nd Epcot International Food& Wine Festival Aug. 31-Nov. 13, 2017. The annual Walt Disney World Resort culinary tour of flavors will expand in 2017 for a longer-than-ever 75-day run.
Growing in scope as one of America’s top food festivals each year since 1996, the Epcot event will run for 13 additional days of inspired sips and bites throughout the park’s World Showcase and Future World.
Park guests can mix and mingle with celebrity chefs, experience hands-on culinary workshops and demonstrations and get their gourmet groove on at nightly Eat to the Beat concerts. They also can book special tasting experiences at Epcot and at Disney resort restaurants. Family fun will be in the mix with kid-friendly dishes geared toward young palates and a Ratatouille-inspired culinary scavenger hunt.
Warning: Event highlights will tempt taste buds, music fans and fun seekers:
- Five new global marketplaces will present fun and delicious menu surprises. At Active Eats, the Sweet Avocado Crema with strawberries, yellow cake and tortilla streusel is happy-heart food. The Almond Orchard hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze features a nutrient-packed Cauliflower Risotto with pulled chicken, artichokes, spinach and parmesan cheese. At Coastal Eats, swoon-worthy tastes from the sea include Lump Crab Cake with Napa cabbage slaw and avocado lemongrass cream and Seared Scallops with roasted corn and butterbean succotash with chili-chipotle butter sauce. At Flavors from Fire, Disney chefs turn up the heat with Smoked Corned Beef with warm crispy potatoes, pickled onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue. The Light Lab lets guests get playful with spirited concoctions like the Bleu Spectrum with Blanc de Bleu Cuvee Mousseux with Boba Pearls.
- Returning for an encore are India (2009) and Spain (2010) marketplaces. Delicious new bites like the Madras Red Curry vegetarian dish and Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake will be on the menu at the India marketplace. At the Spain marketplace, delectable Charcuterie in a cone promises to be a guest favorite.
- Three times nightly Eat to the Beat concerts – 225 concerts in all on the America Gardens Theatre stage — will rev up the World Showcase vibe with new musical acts and returning festival favorites spanning a broad range of eras and genres such as rock, pop and rhythm and blues. Check the lineup at Eat to the Beat
- “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops, which debuted in 2016 at the Festival Center, will return with fresh opportunities for guests to interact with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros. Event hosts and topics are at epcotfoodfestival.com.
- Popular TV chefs and other culinary icons will entertain foodies and inspire their palates at Festival Center demonstrations and events and during Party for the Senses grand tastings with new concepts and themes. Just a few of many superstars on tap: Shaun O’Neale, Buddy Valastro, Cat Cora, Carla Hall, Alex Guarnaschelli and more!
Throughout the festival’s 75-day run, park guests can pair wines, beers and cocktails with savory and sweet dishes as they stroll the World Showcase Promenade using their complimentary festival passports as a guide.
As guests explore, they’ll find something for everyone in the family:
- The complimentary Back to Basics Festival Center weekend series will share epicurean tips and tricks from the pros. Book and bottle signings by some of the world’s top vintners will be scheduled, and The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar, hosted by Ghirardelli, will offer guest samples.
- Culinary Demonstrations and Beverage Seminars will offer daily learning and tasting opportunities at the Festival Center. On select Saturdays, Cheese Seminars will be a fromage aficionado’s delight.
Special dining experiences can be booked ahead:
- Party for the Senses grand tasting events will showcase creative bites and palate-pleasing sips from eminent chefs and beverage experts plus exciting new live entertainment and a nod to 35 years of Epcot. Seating is guaranteed for all event guests.
- Resort premium events will include a Secrets of Flavor epicurean experience and Culinary Adventures with a Master Chef.
- Specialty Dining and Pairing events will be on tap at a number of World Showcase participating restaurants.
Included with Epcot Admission:
Back to Basics series, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Festival Passport and all attractions and park entertainment are included with regular Epcot admission.
Special Programming by Reservation:
The Party for the Senses grand tasting events, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. Guests can book some events at epcotfoodfestival.com and call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) for all others.