The Disney Parks Blog shared some new items coming to this year's Epcot International food and Wine Festival. These include:
- Florida grass-fed beef sliders with Monterey Jack and sweet and hot pickles at the Florida Marketplace.
- New England clam chowder with a side of Tabasco at Hops & Barley.
- Braised short ribs in Cabernet with mashed potatoes in France.
- A kimchi hot dog with spicy mustard sauce in South Korea.
- Vegetarian haggis at the new Scotland Marketplace.
There will be over 40 new food items and 80 new drink items on World Showcase Promenade. Additionally, the blog shared the recipe for Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon and Broccoli Rabe which will be available at the Australia booth:
Garlic Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lemon and Broccoli Rabe
24 medium shrimp (16/20), peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
3/4 pound broccoli rabe, cut into thirds
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, tossing once or twice. Add garlic, tomatoes, and broccoli rabe; cook another 2 to 3 minutes, tossing once or twice.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook’s notes: The “16/20” refers to the size of the shrimp, meaning 16 to 20 per pound.