The Disney Parks Blog shared menu details and photos of the new Skipper Canteen restaurant. The Restaurant soft opened on December 13th and will officially open on December 16th.
The restaurant features tastes of Asia, South America and Africa and seats 222 guests. It is a table-service restaurant and the cast members all fall in line with the joking and witticisms of the Jungle Cruise Skippers.
Different dining rooms include the mess hall or the jungle-inspired parlor once used by the company’s founder, Dr. Albert Falls and his family. An additional room can be found behind a secret bookcase. This room is a nod to the now extend Adventurer's Club as a former meeting room of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
- House-made arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans, tostones and queso fresco;
- Dr. Falls’ Signature Grilled Steak, a strip loin marinated in sofrito and served with yuca planks, avocado and house-made chimichurri;
- Rice Noodle Bowl with an Asian pho broth with choice of chicken, duck breast or tofu served with jalapenos and mix of fresh herbs;
- Trader Sam’s Head-on Shrimp, with sustainable, local, farm-raised shrimp tossed in a chili-garlic sauce and served with Chinese broccoli and choice of five-grain or white rice;
- Coconut Bar with Pineapple-Basil Compote and Vanilla Cream – a vanilla chiffon cake with coconut and lime topped with white chocolate ganache;
- Kungaloosh! This African-inspired chocolate cake is served with caramelized bananas and cashew-caramel ice cream topped with coffee dust.
Children options include:
- Junior Skip’s Special Mac and Cheese is inspired by an Egyptian dish with ground beef, pasta, Bechamel Sauce and house-made cheese gratin, served with broccoli;
- Amazon Annie’s House-made Arepas with slow-cooked beef, black beans and queso fresco served with yuca planks;
- Sizzling Savanna Grilled Flank Steak with steamed broccoli and fingerling potatoes;
- Smiley’s Little Croc of Chicken Noodle Soup;
- Kids Volcano! (This gooey chocolate cake with caramel lava and exploding chocolate rocks will make your little one shout “ ‘UH OA!”)
Specialty non-alcoholic drinks are also available including the Punch Line Punch, with tropical fruit juice and mango puree (also available with a spiced rim for an extra zinger); and the Schweitzer Slush, with frozen apple juice and passion fruit topped with bursting green apple boba balls (legend has it this was first concocted by the noted explorer and humanitarian, Dr. Albert Slush).
The restaurant is on the Disney Dining Plan and Tables in Wonderland is accepted.