The Disney Parks Blog shared a look at some of the menu offerings that will be available at the Satu'li Canteen inside Pandora: The World of AVATAR. The quick service restaurant is set to open May 27, 2017 along with the rest of the land.
The menu is based on the, "healthful bounty of Pandora" and will feature wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins. The grill for the restaurant will be on stage to guests sitting in the dining room.
The backstory for the restaurant is that The Satu'li Canteen was the former mess hall for the Resources Development Administration (RDA). When the Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) tour company took over the Valley of Mo'ara they converted the former mess hall into a museum like dining rom.
Offerings in the restaurant include:
- quinoa and vegetable salad
- red and sweet potato hash
- mixed whole-grain and rice or romaine and kale salad
- Bowls with choice of wood-grilled chicken, slow-roasted beef, sustainable fish or chili-spiced fried tofu over charred onion chimichurri, black bean vinaigrette or creamy herb dressing
- steamed "pods" – bao buns with either cheeseburger or vegetable curry served with root vegetable chips and crunchy vegetable slaw
Kid's meals include
- grilled chicken or beef, fish or tofu with greens or rice
- a hot dog wrapped in Parker House dough
- cheese quesadilla, or a steamed "pod" (cheeseburger bao bun)
The restaurant will also make use of a new service called Mobile Order. This will allow guests to order and pay for their meals using the My Disney Experience app. When the meal is ready, the app will notify guests who can pick up the meal at a designated window inside the restaurant.
Mobile Order is expected to become available at other restaurants at Walt Disney World later in the year.