The Disney Parks Blog announced a new merchandise location coming to the Downtown Disney Marketplace. The Marketplace Co Op will open in Spring 2014, and will replace the Team Mickey store located next to Tren D.
Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise, had this to say about the new location:
“Think about your favorite marketplaces from across the US,” said Tom. “These unique shopping experiences in major cities like Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York all have something in common – they are compelling and distinct, allow visitors to connect to the environment, and foster a sense of discovery. This is our goal with the Marketplace Co Op.”
“This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” continued Tom. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
Tom said that they will embellish the building’s construction and design to reveal its craftsmen style identity. They also plan on keeping the original ceiling elements, especially the skylight. The expansive space inside the current location will accommodate several shops.
The 6 concepts that will debut with the store are as follows:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.