The Disney Parks Blog announced a unique Halloween event for Disney Vacation Club members. On October 31st from 3-5 PM and 7-9 PM, The Ballroom of the America's at Disney's Contemporary Resort will play host to a Halloween Party for DVC members. Guests will receive a, "Buccaneer Booty Bag", in addition to Halloween desserts, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Activities include a DJ dance party, a pirate-themed photo selfie station, carnival-style games with prizes and an opportunity to meet a Walt Disney World Ambassador.
Reservations will be available through Member Services on August 24th and the cost is $25 per person. Like other Halloween Parties, Disney has outlined guidelines for costumes at the event:
For All Guests
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length Princess dresses)
For Guests Ages 13 and Under
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests Ages 14 and Older
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus.
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, the event, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.