On Episode 94 of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill, Jim discusses several potential hotel plans coming to the areas around the Magic Kingdom.
- Fort Wilderness DVC: The plan would be to convert the former River Country area adjacent to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground into a new DVC building. Per Jim, the rumor calls for a 5 story building on that site with site prep beginning later in 2016. The expectation is that the new DVC would have references to River Country.
TTC Relocation: This relocation involves multiple moving parts.
- The former STOL port airport is an area of land immediately East of the Magic Kingdom Parking lot. This area is typically used for construction staging, but the new plan is to turn this into the new offsite bus parking area. Transportation would take guests arriving by offsite bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center via some sort of transportation (presumably a standard parking tram).
- This would eliminate the need for the existing Bus area immediately to the right (East) of the Ticket and Transportation Center.
- The TTC would be relocated to the new Bus area and would take into consideration the different demands of today's guests (ADA Compliance, larger crowds, ECVs, strollers, etc).
- New Resort: With the TTC relocated, this allows the former TTC area to be the entrance to a new resort with the area directly North of this area (along Seven Seas Lagoon) potentially being used as part of this new resort.
- New Water Pageant: Disney filed patents on a drone based show that was initially rumored to be part of the redesign of Illuminations. This show is now rumored to be part of a new show on Seven Seas Lagoon. The show is expected to feature components on the water that will be supplemented by the new drone based technology. This would be part of the 50th anniversary celebration in 2021.