Villains Unleashed is an event that will take place on August 23rd, 2014 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The event begins at 8 PM, but ticketed guests are allowed to enter at 5 PM.
More than 50 villains will be on hand at Disney's Hollywood Studios for autographs and shows. The party is for one night only and specific events include:
- “Hades Hangout & Dance Party”
- “Oogie Boogie’s Variety Show”
- A Star Wars villain zone
- Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party (Guardians of the Galaxy)
- “Villainy In The Skies” fireworks spectacular
- Villain-inspired pre-show to “Fantasmic!”
Other activities are listed below:
- Hades Hangout – The party kicks off at 8 p.m. at the main event stage, where hosts Hades, Megara, Pain and Panic are killing ‘em with comedy. They’re joined throughout the night by the Underworld Dancers, DJ Igg Nite, live music from Bernie Briquette and Brimstone, and a rogues gallery of roaming rottens, from the Queen of Hearts and Sheriff of Nottingham to the Big Bad Wolf and Captain Hook.
- Villains Dominion – For this one special night, the Streets of America area of the park will be swarming with baddies. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to meet favorites like Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Dr. Facilier and Gaston, along with more rarely seen baddies such as Shan Yu from “Mulan,” Bowler Hat Guy from “Meet the Robinsons,” or Captain Gantu and Dr. Hamsterviel from “Lilo & Stitch: The Series.” In addition to these dedicated villain encounters, you may spot even more wandering evildoers in the area. Look for Judge Claude Frollo, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, and more!
- The Dark Side – During “Villains Unleashed,” the area around Star Tours – The Adventures Continue becomes a wretched hive of scum and villainy, the place to find nefarious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Sith apprentice Darth Maul, and the ultimate villain – Darth Vader! And that’s not all! Wandering the area, you’ll stumble upon more malcontents from that galaxy far, far away: Zam Wessel, Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, Jango Fett, Greedo, Jawas, and others.
- Villainous Encounters – Visit Stage 4 (where The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction is seen during the day), and you can “Parlay” with the one and only Hector Barbossa. And just around the corner in the Animation Courtyard is where you’ll discover a bit of the Moors, where you can have an audience with the mistress of all evil, Maleficent!
- Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show – Over on Sunset Boulevard, Theater of the Stars presents a production of extreme performances, hosted by the original master of scare-monies, Oogie Boogie. It’s an all-new show that’s sure to thrill!
- Villains ExScream Makeover – Complimentary face painting at stations around Echo Lake
- Dance Parties – Taking place throughout the park
- Club Evil – Hollywood Brown Derby offering small-plate menu items.
- Fantasmic! – Strolling up Sunset Boulevard, a gang of villainous henchmen, known as the Night Crawlers, tempt you to join them for a special pre-show to the evening’s performance of Fantasmic!, itself a celebration of the power and intrigue of some of the greatest Disney villains.
- “Villainy in the Sky” Fireworks – Ultimately, Hades summons Maleficent to the main event stage to close things out with a devilishly dazzling display of pyrotechnics!
Several attractions will also be open including:
- The Great Movie Ride – Until 11:15 PM
- Star Tours
- MuppetVision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania – Until 11:30 PM
In addition, ticketed party guests will be permitted to dress up and show their Disney villain side.*
The party (similar to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party) requires a separate ticket for admission. Adult tickets cost $67 plus tax and children ages 3-9 cost $62 plus tax. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can book their tickets now. Disney has sent out e-mails to Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members.
Tickets for all other guests went on sale beginning June 9. To book, call 407-939-1933 for APs and 800-800-9800 for DVC Members.
Additionally, parking regulations will be in effect for the event:
Guests attending Villains Unleashed will need to use the Main Entrance off World Drive to park for the event. The satellite parking entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios on Buena Vista Drive will be closed to all incoming traffic beginning at 3:00 PM. Roadway signage will be in place to direct Guests to the Main Entrance.
The schedule of entertainment and characters is as follows:
- Event Start – Sorcerer Hat Stage: 8 PM
- Hades Hangout – Sorcerer Hat Stage: 8 PM to 1 AM
- Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show – Theater of the Stars: 8:30 PM, 9:30 PM, 10:30 PM and 11:30 PM
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party – Stage 5 Animation Courtyard: 8 PM to 12:45 AM
- Fantasmic! with special pre-show: 10 PM show time, pre show: 9:35 PM
- Villainy in the Sky Fireworks: 12:45 AM
Character Meet and Greets
- Darth Maul – Star Tours area
- Boba Fett – Near Backlot Express
- Darth Vader – Star Tours event stage area
- Stormtroopers – Star Tours area
- Emperor Palpatine and Royal Guards – Outside SciFi Drive In
- Cruella de Vil – Streets of America
- Dr Facilier – Streets of America
- Jafar – Streets of America
- Bowler Hat Guy – Streets of America
- Constatine – Near MuppetVision
- Shan Yu – Streets of America
- The Queen – Streets of America
- Captain Gantu – Streets of America
- Dr Hamsterviel – Streets of America
- Barbossa (until 11:30 PM) – Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
- Maleficient (until 11:30 PM – Animation Courtyard
- The Witch – Sunset Boulevard
- From 8:30pm to 1am
- Captain Hook
- Mr. Smee
- Queen of Hearts
- Big Bad Wolf
- Goevernor Ratcliffe
Streets of America
- Judge Claude Frollo
- Lady Tremaine
- Prince John
- Sherrif of Nottingham
- J Worthington Foulfellow
Star Tours area
- Zam Wesell
- Aurra Sing
- Tusken Raiders
- Asajj Ventress
- Jango Fett
- Gamorrean Guard
Epic Stunt Theater area
- Br'er Fox
- Br'er Bear
Food and Drink
- Club Evil – Hollywood Brown Derby
- Studio Prop Shop