Star Wars Galactic Nights is a hard ticketed special event that first took place April 14th, 2017. It also took place on December 16, 2017 and May 27, 2018. The event has been tied to the opening weekends of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Solo: A Star Wars Story
During the years, offerings have changed. The first event included the following:
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will by located in front of The Great Movie Ride and will host several shows throughout the event. It will also be the host of Star Wars dance parties.
- Photo opportunities – Guests can dress as their favorite character and take photos in front of famous Star Wars scenes and characters. Characters include the debut of BB-8 and scenes include Han Solo frozen in carbonite, Jabba’s Palace and the Hoth Wampa Cave.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – A progression of Star Wars celebrities along Hollywood Boulevard
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away – A stage show featuring clips from the movies mixed with famous characters like Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – A Star Wars inspired fireworks show
- Inside the Sage: Celebrity Chat Show – A behind the scenes look at Rogue One: A Star Wars Story hosted by Vanessa Marshall, voice of Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels.
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – A scavanger hunt throughout the iconic Star Wars scenery backdrops.
In the December 2017 event additional offerings/changes were as follows:
- Hosted by Warwick Davis
- Star Wars inspired projections along The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge hosted by David Collins of the official Star Wars YouTube channel. The panel will feature Doug Chang of Lucas Film and Imagineers Scott Trowbridge, Chris Beatty and Robin Reardon.
In May 2018 a panel discussion took place giving guests a preview of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
The event was held at the park from 7 p.m.-midnight. The Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket costs $129 plus tax for adults and $124 plus tax for children ages 9 and under.