Limited Time Magic was the 2013 promotional campaign across Disney Parks. Seasonal events of a day, week or a month in length took place throughout the four theme parks and Downtown Disney as an added benefit for guests. The various events were announced a few days prior to them taking place.
Magic Kingdom events during the Limited Time Magic campaign included the following:
Bling in the New Year (December 30, 2012 – January 5, 2012)
Disney is beginning the New Year at Walt Disney World Resort in Magic Kingdom Park with Tomorrowland’s first ever “Bling in the New Year” dance party. For an entire week, children of all ages can celebrate the start of 2013. You’ll be able to watch live entertainment on Rockettower Plaza Stage, dance to great music and celebrate with some of your favorite Disney characters – all dressed in their New Year’s best. And if you can’t stay up until midnight, there will be a New Year’s countdown every hour leading up to midnight. The celebration begins on December 30 and runs through January 5.
Long Lost Friends Week (January 21-27, 2013)
During “Long Lost Friends Week” guests could meet up with “long lost” characters like the Three Little Pigs, Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Gipetto, Jiminy Crickett, Pinocchio, Ludwig Von Drake, Scrooge McDuck, The Big Bad Wolf, and the characters from Robin Hood.
Super Celebration (February 1-9, 2013)
Magic Kingdom park is getting in the Super Sunday spirit with a super pre-parade held daily February 1 to February 4, 2013—and an MVP appearance on February 4! Just before the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, Disney football “star” Goofy will hit the streets of the park for a lively pigskin celebration.
And February 1 to February 9, 2013, stop by Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe for Super Sunday menu items, including “Soup-er Bowls” of lobster bisque and tomato basil bisque for $3.69 each, or $2.40 with any entree.
True Love Week (February 11-17, 2013)
True love is in the air at Walt Disney World Resort as fairy tale princesses unite with their princes, Cinderella Castle gets a romantic nighttime makeover and “happily ever after” becomes reality. It all happens February 11 to February 17, 2013 during True Love Week, part of Limited Time Magic at Disney Parks.
During True Love Week, a tapestry of romance is woven throughout the resort — from limited- time Valentine’s merchandise and special entertainment, to romantic dinners for two and new themed photo locations offering greetings with beloved Disney sweethearts – all for a limited-time only.
The weeklong event celebrates the love of friends and family, and invites couples to rekindle the flame. Here is the lineup:
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed decor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to a musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave…of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
In Town Square Theater you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
- Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
Romantic Touches: Long stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne, or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney florist at www.disneyflorist.com.
Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
The Original Boy Band (February 25 – March 3, 2013)
Taking place from February 25 – March 3, 2013, The Dapper Dans will be making special performances along Main Street U.S.A. The “original boy band,” will be singing a medley of hits from One Direction, Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC.
Spring Trolley Show on Main Street U.S.A. (March 3 – May 12, 2013)
The citizens of Main Street, U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom park are bursting with excitement now that spring is in the air. Dressed to the nines in bright pastels and with a few new songs in their hearts, they arrive in town on a horse-drawn trolley adorned with colorful bouquets of flowers and ribbons. Put a little spring in your step and join in the celebration—another part of Limited Time Magic at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Independence Week
- Spring Fling
- Fairies Week
- Pirate Week
- Royal Celebration Honoring Princess Merida
- Monstrous Summer All-Night Party
- Celebrate the Magic Summer Show
- Summer Trolley Show
- Lone Ranger Boot Mug
- Christmas in July
- Monstrous Eye-Scream Sundae
- Cover Your Ears
- The Dog Days of Summer
- Fall Trolley Show
- Year of the Ear
- Tour Magic Kingdom park Castles with a Walt Disney Imagineer
- Jack Skellington Cupcakes
- The Happy Haunted Horseshoe
- Salute Veterans at Magic Kingdom Park
- Holiday Fun at the Magic Kingdom
- Thanksgiving Celebration
- Jingle Cruise Poster Giveaway
- Jolly Year of the Ear
- Tour Magic Kingdom park with Phil Holmes
- Duffy’s Secret Santa Celebration