Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is an annual event that occurs in August, September and October (with one date in November for 2019) at the Magic Kingdom. The event is a hard ticketed event (separate admission) that runs on selected days from 7:00 PM – 12:00 PM. Guests with a Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket are typically permitted into the park between 4-4:30 PM even though party events don’t take place until 7:00 PM.
Activities include trick or treating around the park at a variety of locations. Guests of all ages can arrive in costume, and additional theming and effects take place on Main Street USA. Most attractions remain open during the party and the Haunted Mansion maids and butlers will appear in special skeleton makeup. Additionally, a selection of characters (many villains) will be available for autographs and pictures.
Other entertainment offerings include the following:
- Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular – The fireworks show features Jack Skellington from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” as the host. Jack is telling a “not-so-scary” story about how anything can happen on Halloween night. His ghost dog, Zero, flies off carrying everyone along on a trick-or-treating adventure, where four friends – Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy – find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house. Their journey takes them from one room of the house to another, encountering dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains. The show includes state-of-the-art projections and lasers, plus lighting and dazzling fireworks that will fill the sky above Magic Kingdom Park.
- Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade – The parade runs twice nightly and is kicked off by a ride from the headless horseman. The catchy music repeats throughout. The parade kicks off with several heroes including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Alice and The Mad Hatter. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy follow on the next float, while the Winnie the Pooh characters follow them on foot and on a float. Peter Pan, Wendy, and the lost boys follow and they are closely tailed by Smee and Captain Hook on a float. A team of pirates follows the Peter Pan float, leading into the Pirates of the Caribbean float. Jack Sparrow is perched atop the float while Barbosa stands below. The iconic man and his dog that greet guests in the Haunted Mansion graveyard follow the Pirates float. They walk around nervously and are followed by a selection of maids and butlers carrying shovels. They dance with the shovels, scraping them against the ground emitting sparks. Additional ghosts follow leading to the Hitchhiking Ghosts float. Actors portray the three famed “haunts”. Following the Haunted Mansion floats are a selection of dancers that preceed a float with some classic characters like Clarabelle Cow, Clara Cluck, Chip and Dale, Many bears from the Country Bears, Brer Fox, Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit. The next float features a selection of futuristic musicians, followed immediately by villains including Jafar, the Big Bad Wold, and Cruella da Ville. The next float features Maleficent and Dr. Facilier. This float is followed by the three hyenas from The Lion King. The next float is a Goofy’s Candy Company truck being driven by Pluto that is followed by three cones that resemble candy corn. The final float features Goofy atop a giant candy machine. New for 2019 is a new Incredibles Float as well as a Tomorrowland section with Buzz Lightyear and the Little Green Aliens.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular – A new show during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park, will debut this fall. The mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s Hocus Pocus will throw an evil Halloween party that features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects.
Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular – New for 2019, the fireworks show is a Halloween themed fireworks and projection show hosted by Jack Skellington.
The event also included several Halloween inspired changes to attractions:
- The Mad Tea Party will have new lighting and effects.
- Pirates of the Caribbean will see new pirates invade the attraction, interacting with sailing guests who will join the search for “Gunpowder Pete.”
- Space Mountain will feature a new soundtrack and special effects.
The dates for 2019 are as follows:
- August: 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- September: 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15,17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
- October: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November: 1
Pricing for 2019 ranges from $79 for advanced purchase to $135 for October 31st tickets. A new “Party Pass” option for $299 ($284 for Children) gives guests access to all party dates including October 31st. The available dates are noted above. Visit Disneyworld.com/Halloween for tickets, or call 407-W-DISNEY.