Animal Encounter is an educational show that features a different pair of smaller animals every show. Zookeepers teach guests about the animals, and depending on the animals guests are encouraged to approach at the end of the show for pictures.
The show itself typically features two different animals with zookeepers educating guests on the animals presented. The animals showcased vary from show to show.
Next to the seating area there are terrariums that feature an Asian Water Monitor and Gopher Tortoise
1:15 PM, 2:30 PM
Attractions in the park that feature live animals are as follows:
- Animal Encounter – Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- It Was All Started By a Mouse – Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Winged Encounters – The Kingdom Takes Flight – Discovery Island
- The Oasis Exhibits – The Oasis
- Discovery Island Trails – Discovery Island
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail – Africa
- The Maharajah Jungle Trek – Asia
- Affection Section – Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- The Tree of Life Exhibits – Discovery Island
- Siamang and Gibbon Exhibit – Asia
- American Crocodile Exhibit – Dinoland U.S.A.
- Habitat Habit! – Rafiki’s Planet Watch