Disney put out a press release and a post on the Disney Parks Blog with more details on the changes coming to the Polynesian Resort. These include:
- The Nanea Volcation pool is being renovated to include a children's water play area, enlarged deck and hot tub
- The new Pineapple Lanai kiosk will be poolside and sell Dole Whip
- Club Disney is the children's activity center that will replace the Neverland Club and open next month.
- Trader Sam's Grog Grotto will open in 2015. It will feature a highly themed lounge area, with handcrafted tiki cocktails served in souvenir mugs that will complement Polynesian-themed small plates. Trader Sam’s is part of a major renovation of the Great Ceremonial House.
- There will be 20 bungalows built as part of the expanded resort. The expansion is expected to be complete in 2015.