The Disney Parks Blog announced details of what guests can expect on October 1st at Epcot as the park celebrates its 35th Anniversary.
- Commemorative Guide map – Guests will receive a commemorative guide map celebrating the event.
- Anniversary Celebration – A celebration will be held at 10:01 AM at the Fountain View stage that will feature the Voice of Liberty and Mariachi Cobre
- Anniversary Merchandise – A "pop-up" shop will sell the anniversary merchandise for one day/while supplies last. The shop will be located near the Art of Disney location in Future World. The merchandise at this shop will be part of the "I Was There" line highlighted here. Other Epcot 35th Anniversary merchandise will be available at retail locations throughout the park.
- Anniversary version of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – An Anniversary edition of Illuminations will play at 9:00 PM
The limited run merchandise is referred to as the "I was there" collection and features pins and t-shirts.
In addition to the offerings for all park guests, D23 (Disney's official fan community) will be offering entertainment as well. This includes:
- 8:30–9:15 a.m.: Event Check-In (Epcot Main Entrance—Future World)—Please do not arrive prior to 8:30 a.m. or later than 9:15 a.m. After checking in, guests will be guided to the event location.
- 10:01–10:30 a.m.: 35th Anniversary Fountain Stage Ceremony — Attendees will enjoy reserved viewing to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Epcot with Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty.
- 11:10–11:50 a.m.: Epcot Attractions of Yesteryear—It’s always fun looking back at tomorrow. Join Imagineer Daniel Joseph and historian Michael Crawford as we take a nostalgic journey through some of your favorite memories of Epcot past!
- 12–12:45 p.m.: 35 Things You Didn’t Know About Epcot—Think you know everything there is to know about the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow? Think again! Our expert presenters—Disney Legend Tony Baxter and Imagineers Jason Grandt and Diana Brost—will reveal some secrets and details that will surprise even the most passionate Epcot fans! During this time, guests will also enjoy a boxed lunch at their tables.
- 1–2 p.m.: Epcot Dreamers and Doers—For 35 years, Disney Cast Members and Imagineers have dreamed big and done the impossible. Join a discussion hosted by Jason Grandt with Epcot dreamers and doers—Walt Disney World Parks Senior Vice President Jim MacPhee; Disney Legend Bill Sullivan; Future World leader Rick Allen; Imagineers Zach Riddley, Wyatt Winter, and Alex Wright; and former Disney Imagineer Patrick Brennan—who have each played a role in shaping the world of tomorrow, from 1982 to today!
- 2–2:25 p.m.: Epcot Entertainment Through the Years—A showcase of music, dance, and the arts, Epcot has been host to memorable events and performances over the past 35 years. Discover the rich legacy of Epcot entertainment in this special presentation hosted by Epcot Vice President Melissa Valiquette and featuring show directors Marsha Jackson-Randolph and Forrest Bahruth; Mariachi Cobre leader Randy Carrillo; and Epcot Entertainment leader Christopher Stewart.
- 2:30–4 p.m.: Epcot 35th Merchandise Pick-Up & Pop-Up Shop (optional)—All attendees are eligible to participate in an Advance Purchase Merchandise opportunity and can pick up these advance purchases during this time, as well as visit a D23 pop-up shop that will feature exciting merchandise coming to Epcot for the 35th anniversary.
The D23 event has reportedly sold out.