The Disney Parks Blog has reported that the Captain's Grille now has undergone some changes. Per the blog:
New tables and chairs, wallpaper and paint, and a redesigned menu that still features longtime favorites but adds more than three dozen new dishes to the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus.
Menu items will include favorites as well as new items. The blog continues:
The kitchen, under Chef David Hutnick, turns out solid fare with a sophisticated touch, like house-made potato-cheese gnocchi with toasted walnuts, julienne pears and truffle butter, or rosemary-brined pork tenderloin with braised pork belly, pears and apples. And you’ll find one of the best sandwiches at Walt Disney World Resort here: the simple New England-style lobster roll on a butter-toasted Parker House roll.
One of the most-requested breakfast dishes is the butter-poached lobster omelet with asparagus, chive cream and hash browns. At dinner, the hottest sellers are the classic New York strip steak and snow crab legs with new potatoes and corn on the cob, but Chef David says the cabernet-braised short ribs are tops (braised for six hours to buttery perfection).
And guests love their sweets, like the hazelnut gianduja chocolate cake with salted caramel sauce and chocolate crispies or the gluten-free angel food cake with berry compote and almond croutons, served with lavender-infused panna cotta.
- Citrus-scented French toast made with challah bread with lavender-infused strawberry compote and white chocolate ganache
- Dark chocolate waffles with dried cherry compote, espresso-mascarpone cream and chocolate shavings
- Lemon-ricotta hotcakes with blueberry compote, lemon curd and hash browns
- New England clam chowder served with bacon and chive biscuits
- Salad of arugula and fris?e with celery-almond pur?e, roasted grapes, crumbled ch?vre, endive, and shallot vinaigrette
- Seared tuna salad with cucumber, tomato, haricots verts, pickled watermelon, greens, red pepper coulis, and verde sauce
- Fresh mozzarella and tomato sandwich with chopped arugula vinaigrette on toasted sea salt focaccia
- Buttermilk-fried rock shrimp with chipotle r?moulade, citrus cream, and chilled cucumber salad
- Chef’s “vegetarian inspiration” – right now its sweet potato tortellini with cranberry relish, spice almonds and brown butter rosemary beurre blanc
- Desserts such as no sugar added and gluten-free angel food cake and s’mores tart with graham cracker crust and chocolate sauce