The 2013 D23 Expo began on Friday August 9th with fans and press meeting at the Anaheim Convention center. People began queuing up hours before the floor opened at 9 AM, and some fans even camped out overnight. I was there before 8 AM and was inside the convention center by 9:30 AM.
While not all items will be available tonight, activities for today included three panel discussions:
- Mayhem, Mischief, and Monkeys (A panel on Mystic Manor from Hong Kong Disneyland)
- Undiscovered Disneyland (A panel hosted by Disney Legend, Tony Baxter)
- The Art and Artistry of Aulani (A panel hosted by Disney Imagineer, Joe Rohde)
Additionally, I have coverage from a variety of elements inside the Imagineering Pavilion including the following:
- Off camera interview with MyMagic+/Fastpass+ expert, Robert
- Photos/Video of original concept models for Epcot
- Video of the Hatbox Ghost
- Video of Disney Imagineering's DISH system which is used in the creation of new attractions
This footage will be made available in the coming days. I will try to assemble it as quickly as possible.