The Official D23 website has announced the following details for the upcoming Destination D event coming to Walt Disney World November 22-23:
- See a sneak peek of Disney’s Tomorrowland, coming to theaters on May 22, 2015.
- Rediscovering Discovery Bay: Disney Legend Tony Baxter will take guests on an in-depth tour of the never-built themed expansion for Disneyland, through rarely seen concept artwork and models that he worked on during his time at Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Widen Your World: Imagineer Jason Grandt, Disney Legend Charlie Ridgway, and Tony Baxter will discuss beloved Walt Disney World attractions of the past, including If You Had Wings, Horizons, and Mickey Mouse Revue
- Appearances by Disney Legends Charlie Ridgway, Ron Logan, Bill Sullivan, Marty Sklar, Bob Gurr, and Alice Davis; Walt Disney Imagineers Gary Landrum, Jason Grandt, Dave Minichiello, Wyatt Winter and Pam Rawlins; Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline; and Disney and World’s Fair historians Bill Cotter, Stacia Martin, and Michael Kelley.
- All guests will receive a special gift in honor of Disney’s contributions to the 50th anniversary of the 1964–65 World’s Fair in New York City.
- A special exhibit designed by the Walt Disney Archives in honor of the event.
- Disney Goes to the World’s Fair: A look at how Disney became a part of the landmark event
- Lost on the Way to the Fair: Pavilion concepts for the World’s Fair that never came to be
- Retro Rewind References: Nods to favorites of the past in current Disney Parks attractions
- That Was Entertainment: Revisiting beloved theme park parades, shows, and spectacles
- Pleasure Island: Rewind presented by Twinings of London: This celebration of the Downtown Disney nightlife district will include areas dedicated to the Adventurers Club, Comedy Warehouse, Mannequins, and 8 Trax
Mickey’s of Glendale Pop-Up Shop
Plus, for the first time, Mickey’s of Glendale, the famed Walt Disney Imagineering store, will set up a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Imagineering merchandise as well as limited-edition pins, T-shirts, and collectibles themed to the event. The shop will also carry a special line from H2O Plus, whose products are featured at Disney Resort Hotels. Shopping hours at Mickey’s of Glendale will begin on Friday, November 21 (exact time to be announced), with early access for Top of the World ticketholders.