The Disney Parks Blog announced several new experiences coming to the resorts.
- Captain Hook's Pirate Crew is for guests ages 4-12 and is held at Disney's Beach Club Resort. The experience teaches guests how to be a pirate and lets them follow clues that lead to a hidden treasure. The experience costs $55 per child, reservations can be made now for experiences April 28th or later by calling 407-824-KIDS.
- Mermaid School is for all guests ages 4 and older at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney's Beach Club Resort. Guests will be fitted with a swimmable "tail" and taught how to swim in a pool like a mermaid. The experience is $50 a person and bookings will open in mid-March through 407-WDW-PLAY.
Additional offerings as listed in the Disney Parks Blog article include the following:
Cabanas at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Reservations are open for rentals of the new poolside cabanas at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, where guests can indulge in the lap of luxury. These private hideaways exclusive to Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts provide guests with a bevy of services, including:
- Padded furniture (chairs and couch)
- Dedicated Disney cast member service
- Cocktail service
- Mounted television with cable access
- Complimentary sunscreen and other skincare products
- Mini-refrigerator stocked with complimentary soda and water
- Complimentary fruit tray
- Plush towels
- Lockable cabinet
- Charging outlets for mobile devices
These new cabanas are exclusively for guests staying at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Reservations for half and full day rentals are now open for dates beginning March 17 through 407-WDW-PLAY.
New Art Programs
All-new master classes led by professional artists at select Walt Disney World resort hotels will have guests creating their own masterpieces. Classes range from $35 (plus tax) to $50 (plus tax) per person, offered to ages 12 and older for most experiences.
The artful lineup will include:
- Win, Paint, Show at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Wild About Painting, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Painting on de’ Bayou (adults), Painting by the Lagoon (kids), Disney’s Port Orleans – French Quarter Resort. NOTE: children’s painting class is $30 per person (plus tax); designed for ages 6 and older; accompanying parent required.
- Painting in the Vineyard, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
- Canvas and Wine Glass Painting on the Boards, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Bookings (select dates per resort) are available through 407-WDW-PLAY.
Whether a seasoned sportsman or amateur angler, guided excursions or dockside fishing in the waterways of Walt Disney World Resort are great fun for guests of all ages. Aboard a 21-foot SunTracker pontoon (up to five guests) or a tournament-style NITRO bass-fishing boat (for one or two participants), teeming Disney waters are an angler’s dream. Outings (two or four hours) are catch-and-release. The fleet has been joined by a new NITRO ZV21, operating out of the Magic Kingdom marinas. For more information or to book an excursion, guests can call 407-WDW-BASS.