Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room is a classic attraction that takes guests through a Polynesian musical celebration with tropical birds, tiki drums and colorful flowers.
Children, families, Florida citrus growers
TIMES GUIDE - OPENING/CLOSING
Often opens an hour after park opening.
The covered queue is primarily a holding area for the pre-show. It continues the Adventureland landscape.
Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room premiered in Disneyland in 1963. The Disneyland show evolved over the years but not as dramatically as its Walt Disney World Counterpart.
Originally opening as Tropical Serenade, the attraction debuted with the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971. It closed in 1997 to make way for a modified show called Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management. The updated show featured Zazu from The Lion King and Iago from Aladdin as the new hosts of the show. A fire (or the Tiki Gods) damaged part of the Under New Management show in 2011. Disney took the fire as an opportunity to bring back a shorter version of the original Tropical Serenade show under the name Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
- Tropical Serenade (October 1, 1971 – September 1, 1997)
- The Enchanted Tiki Room – Under New Management (April 5, 1998 – January 12, 2011)
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room (August 14, 2011 – Present)
- Tiki Tiki Tiki Room music and lyrics – Richard Shermand & Robert Sherman
- Tropical Serenade Writer – Wally Boag