Supervise children at all times.
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is a 3D adventure throughout the Star Wars Universe.
Aboard the Starspeeder 1000, guests will experience a random ride combination, during which they encounter familiar locations, scenarios and characters.
The events in the attraction take place between Revenge of the Sith (Episode III) and A New Hope (Episode IV). The time frame is also intended to be prior to the original Star Tours attraction. This is supported by the ride vehicle being an earlier version of the Starspeeder. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue features the Starspeeder 1000 while the original Star Tours attraction featured the Starspeeder 3000.
The premise of the attraction is that guests are boarding an interstellar Starspeeder for a tour. Due to the confusion in the pre-show video C-3PO is unwillingly piloting the ship and the action quickly kicks off.
A side video screen says, “Welcome Aboard” and then a voiceover says:
Star Tours 1401 you are cleared for departure.
At this point C-3PO begins to panic as the captain, Ace, has not returned. An auto takeover sequence is initiated and the view port opens revealing the 3D video screen. The attraction is divided into four different sections with each section having multiple variations that result in 54 possible ride combinations.
The first scene begins immediately and it is the identification of the Rebel Spy. The premise of the attraction is that our Star Tours ship is housing a spy that has valuable information to the alliance. The scene has three possible options.
First Scene – Identification of Rebel Spy
- Darth Vader: In the Darth Vader version of the First Scene, C-3PO panics as we round the corner to the runway. Darth Vader, flanked by Storm Troopers stand in our way. Vader stops the ship and identifies the rebel spy in the side screen. TIE Fighters appear behind Vader and the Starspeeder starts firing at Darth Vader. The ship exits the hanger backwards with the TIE Fighters in persuit. The ship makes it’s trip to lightspeed before reaching the first destination.
- Darth Vader alternate: An alternative version of this scene also includes a cameo from Boba Fett
- Storm Troopers: In the Storm Trooper beginning, several Storm Troopers form in the background as a probe droid attaches to the windshield of the Starspeeder. The droid scans the passengers of the ship and identifies the rebel spy on screen. In the background the Millennium Falcon opens first on the Storm Troopers and the probe droid and the Starspeeder follows the Millennium Falcon outside of the hanger. The ship engages TIE Fighters in combat while C-3PO begs R2-D2 not to enter lightspeed. Despite the protests, the ship enters lightspeed before reaching the first destination.
Second Scene – First Destination
The second scene (First Destination) in the attraction debuted with three variable scenes. Beginning on November 16, 2015 the variability in this scene was removed and a new scene based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens was added.
- Jakku: The scene begins as the ship approaches the desert planet Jakku. As the ship skims the surface it narrowly misses an explosion as Finn (John Boyega’s character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens) asks, “Star Tours what are you doing here?” The ship follows behind the Millennium Falcon in the middle of a fight with Tie Fighters. The ship continues to dodge explosions as the Millennium Falcon weaves in and around the destruction ahead. The scene continues into the crashed Star Destroyer where Rey (Daisy Ridley’s character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens) is seen climbing a rope. The Starspeeder flies out of the crashed Star Destroyer and ultimately receives a transmission.
This ride dynamics returned to a variable First Destination scene and the Jakku sequence was added into the randomization options. the remaining scene options are as follows:
- Kashyyk: The vehicle approaches the “Wookie Planet” and is quickly in pursuit of Imperial troopers chasing Chewbacca and another Wookie on speeder bikes. Chewbacca’s ship is hit and he is thrown from the ship onto the windshield of the Starspeeder. He falls off and the vehicle continues the pursuit of the other vehicles in front of us. The ship flies over several Wookies before flying out of the trees, nearly hitting another Wookie and ultimately receiving the transmission.
- Hoth: The vehicle lands on the Ice planet, Hoth where it is quickly established that it is a restricted area. The vehicle is in a combat zone between the Rebels and the Imperial AT-AT walkers. The Starspeeder narrowly avoids the AT-AT walkers before getting hit by one of them. The ship then falls down an icy canyon before a transmission
- Tatooine: The vehicle quickly approaches Tatooine and once it makes it to the surface it is quickly revealed that the ship is involved in a pod race. The vehicle weaves in and around the landscape before crashing with another vehicle causing the two ships to be stuck together. Combining with the pod racer gives the ship, “twice the power” and the vehicle wins the pod race. After crossing the finish line, the ships separate and the Starspeeder skims the top of the stands before receiving the transmission.
Third Scene – The Transmission
Similar to the first destination scene, this scene lost all variability beginning on November 16, 2015. At that time, all guests received a transmission from BB-8 from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This scene is as follows:
- BB-8: The BB-8 droid appears on screen with a transmission:
C-3PO: A transmission? BB-8 What are you doing here?
BB-8: (Droid speak)
C-3PO: Mission… what mission?
BB-8: (Droid speak)
C-3PO: He says he has vital information to deliver and needs our help.
BB-8: (Droid speak)
C-3PO: But we’re not going on any mission, it’s bound to be dangerous.
R2-D2: (Droid speak)
C-3PO: R2, we are not going.
BB-8 (Droid speak)
C-3PO: Good luck? Wait! Wait! Where are you going?
The transmission scene returned to randomization rolling in the BB-8 scene as one of now 4 possible Transmission scenes. The others are as follows:
- Princess Leia: Princess Leia appears on screen with the following transmission:
Princess Leia: I am Princess Leia of Alderaan. We’ve placed a rebel spy, vital to the survival of the rebellion into your Starspeeder. You must see him/her safely delivered to the coordinates I’m transmitting to your R2 unit. This is our most desperate hour. Help me Star Tours, you’re my only hope.
C-3PO: Her only hope…
R2-D2 informs C-3PO that they will be making a slight detour and the ship enters lightspeed before going to the second destination.
- Admiral Ackbar: Admiral Ackbar appears on screen and has the following exchange:
Admiral Ackbar: This is Admiral Ackbar. By now you know that your Star Speeder is carrying an agent vital to our rebel cause.
C-3PO: The spy
Admiral Ackbar: Precisely. Deliver him/her safely to the rendezvous point I am transmitting to your R2 unit. Good luck, and may the force be with you.
C-3PO: What are you saying? This is madness!
The ship enters lightspeed once again before going to the second destination.
- Yoda: Yoda appears on screen with the following transmission:
Yoda: Yoda, I am. On your ship, one loyal to our cause you carry.
C-3PO: The spy.
Yoda: Emm… Deliver him/her you must or all will be lost. To your R2 unit coordinates I will send. May the force be with you.
C-3PO: I’m afraid we’ve all joined the Rebel alliance.
The ship then enters lightspeed, much to the surprise of C-3PO
Fourth Scene – Second Destination
Beginning on November 16, 2015, additional variations within each of these scenes takes place. At this point in time, it appears that each scene has at least 3 variations within that given scene, further adding to the attraction’s variability.
- Coruscant: The Starspeeder emerges from lightspeed above the planet Coruscant. TIE Fighters and X-Wing fighters are amongst those fighting. After a few maneuvers to avoid being shot down, the Starspeeder is attacked by Buzz droids on the windshield. The droids sever the controls and cause our Starspeeder to plummet rapidly. The ship pulls up before impact, and immediately finds itself in traffic going in the opposite direction. The ship lands on a platform, nearly missing a fuel tanker and hitting a traffic control droid. The vehicle lowers and C-3PO is referred to as the captain. The attraction ends with C-3PO declaring that we are all in the Rebel alliance.
- Naboo: The Starspeeder emerges above the planet Naboo. We are immediately under attack but are led away from the action by three N-1 starfighters. One of the pilots of the N-1 ships tells Star Tours to follow them down to the Rebel Hangar where we’ll be safe. After dodging enemy fire the other ships as well as the Starspeeder are struck and plummet to the water below. Once in the water, the ship turns amphibious and nearly runs over Jar Jar Binks. Another Gungan appears on the side screen advising us to follow the ship in front of us to the planet’s core. The ship in front of us gets attacked by a large fish and declares that they’re under attack. Another larger fish attacks the first fish releasing the ship the Starspeeder was following. The larger fish then attacks our ship as it’s jaw wrap around our windshield. The tongue of the fish slaps against the windshield before the fish is electrocuted by R2-D2. The ship emerges from the water and heads towards a hangar. Inside the hangar, C-3PO loses control and shouts, “Breaks! Breaks! Where are they breaks!”, a line from the original attraction. The attraction ends with our viewport being damaged by the tail of a Naboo ship. The droid that was working on the Naboo ship falls off the tip and into the Starspeeder and C-3PO declares, “I did not give you permission to come on board.”
- The Death Star (Above the planet Geonosis): The Starspeeder emerges from lightspeed approaching the ringed planet of Geonosis. Boba Fett’s voice is immediately heard as he declares, “You can run but you can’t hide!” The ship engages Boba Fett in combat as the uncompleted Death Star is in the distance. In addition to dodging the attack from Boba Fett, the ship is dodging asteroids as well. The ship is pulled towards the Death Star as Darth Vader appears on the side screen. The ship approaches the trenches of the Death Star as C-3PO declares, “I have a bad feeling about this!” The line was also used in the previous version of the attraction as well. The Starspeeder enters a hangar bay for a temporary reprievee before emerging outside of the Death Star. The ship is greeted by Boba Fett and a sonic bomb. R2-D2 shoots the bomb away and the ship enters lightspeed once again. The Starspeeder lands in a Mon Calamari cruiser where the ship and the Rebel spy are greeted by the Rebel alliance. The attraction ends with C-3PO asking how to get back to a Star Tours terminal.
Star Tours is a highly turbulent, simulator-type thrill ride through space that includes sharp turns and sudden drops.
Star Wars fans and young adults.
TIMES GUIDE - OPENING/CLOSING
This attraction opens with the park.
Star Tours is one of the low to mid range demand Fastpass+ reservations in the park. Availability will exist well into the day, but guests can save time using Fastpass+ at this location.
Despite being one of the low to mid range demand Fastpass+ options, it is among the highest of the “Tier 2” Fastpass options, trailing only Tower of Terror for demand.
The exterior queue winds through the forest moon of Endor and passes underneath an AT-AT walker. The original version of the attraction made no pretense that the attraction took place on a movie set. While less apparent in the updated version of the attraction, the biggest sign of the movie set theming is the uncompleted backside of the AT-AT walker.
As guests enter the building, they see signage indicating that they’re at a spaceport while R2-D2 and C-3PO engage in a dialog. RD-D2 is working on the Starspeeder 1000 ship while a nervous C-3PO looks on and questions R2-D2. A female voiceover (Aly San San) promotes the services of “Star Tours” while Admiral Ackbar looks on from a control booth nearby. Another voiceover promotes the various destinations that Star Tours services
In the next room, the original pilot from the first Star Tours attraction is seen off to the side, labeled as defective. In the chronology of the Star Wars Universe, the original Star Wars attraction takes place after the current version indicating that the pilot was repaired prior to taking the helm at the old attraction.
Along the queue line, a scanning droid x-rays luggage revealing a variety of Disney references. Up the ramp, another droid (voiced by Patrick Warburton) encourages guests to keep moving before they approach the loading area.
After the Fastpass/Standby merge point, guests load at one of 6 Starspeeders where they are greeted by the Pre-Show video
Each vehicle holds 40 guests. Rows 1, 2 and 4 hold 8 guests each. Row 3 holds 7 guests and Row 5 holds 9 guests.
The ride vehicle is the Starspeeder 1000. In the original Star Tours attraction, guests rode the Starspeeder 3000 indicating that Star Tours: The Adventures Continue predates the original attraction from a chronological stand point.
During the pre-show, guests are introduced to two new characters: Aly San San and Ace. Aly San San reviews the safety procedures before guests board the attraction while Ace is identified as our pilot. Aly San San’s voice can be heard in the first pre-show room as well. The pre-show video begins with C-3PO engaging R2-D2 in conversation. C-3PO boards the Starspeeder 1000 where he introduces himself to the captain, Ace. He identifies himself as a systems analyst. Ace tells C-3PO that the binary motivator is acting up and C-3PO indicates that he can fix it. He enters the captain’s seat in order to fix the problem as Ace leaves the ship.
The video cuts back to the outside of the Starspeeder as Ace walks away saying that the ship is scheduled to depart soon. The viewport drops down and the other droids leave the scene.
The Star Tours logo appears and the video transitions into the safety warning portion hosted by Aly San San. The video cuts to people and aliens entering the Star Tours vehicle. The African American woman actress in the front row of the safety portion is the same woman featured in the original Star Tours attraction.
The video cuts back to the Star Speeder as it’s being raised in position before guests board.
March 26, 2015 – Present: SMS Audio
The previous version of this attraction, just titled “Star Tours” had it’s last day of operation on September 7, 2010. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue soft opened to guests on May 14, 2011, officially opening six days later on May 20, 2011.
The attraction debuted with 54 different ride combinations. Beginning with soft openings on November 16, 2015 Disney added two new variable scenes based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When the new scenes debuted, all guests received these new scenes as a guarantee. In addition to the scenes based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, additional variability was added within each destination. These additional variations further increased the ride combinations to an undetermined number (potentially over 1000).
The ride system was re-used from the original Star Tours attraction and was identical to the ride system used on the now extinct Body Wars attraction. The vehicle motion is similar to that found in DINOSAUR, however as a simulator attraction it is most similar to Mission: SPACE and Sum of All Thrills.