The Disney Parks Blog shared additional details as well as a new piece of concept art for the imminent refurbishment to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Announced changes include the following:
- A new porte cochere entrance will showcase the iconic mid-20th century architecture. The new entry will feature a high-pitched, open-truss roof covered in a thatch style. The color scheme will also complement the Longhouses found throughout the resort.
- At the monorail platform, new wooden screens will be covered with geometric patterns in bright, tropical colors.
- Enhancements will be made to the gardens and fountains.
- The entryway will feature dramatic lighting elements, including chandeliers inspired by glass floats, fishing nets and oversized bamboo elements. The new chandeliers will match the existing grand chandelier in the resort lobby, artfully bridging interior and exterior spaces.
- All of the resort rooms will also be redone.