Disney's Hollywood Studios celebrates it's 30th Anniversary on May 1st, and the Disney Parks Blog shared details on what guests can expect in the park that day.
- View a Star Studded Celebration – A Disney’s Hollywood Studios 30th Anniversary Star-Studded Celebration cavalcade starring Mickey and friends will step off at 10 a.m. and will head down Hollywood Blvd.
- Pick Up a Commemorative 30th Anniversary Guide Map & Button – Guests entering the park can grab a special 30th anniversary commemorative guide map and button.
- Grab Exclusive 30th Anniversary Merchandise – Special 30th anniversary merchandise will be unveiled on May 1, including a new adult T-shirt, baseball cap, Tervis 24-oz tumbler, MagicBand, ornament and much more. Annual passholders can also shop for some items exclusively created for them. Merchandise can be found starting at 8 a.m. in Grand Park, while supplies last. (Please note: Merchandise will go on sale at 8 a.m., Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens at 9 a.m.)
- Taste Special Food & Beverage Items – A slew of special anniversary food & beverage items will be available throughout the park, including Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredibles Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine and many more. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog next week for an official foodie guide!
- Stay For the Debut of “Wonderful World of Animation” – The park’s new nighttime projection show will light up the park for its official debut on May 1. Watch in wonder as the façade of the Chinese Theatre is magically transformed – displaying this stirring tribute to animation. Behold spectacular sequences celebrating themes like magic, family, adventure, romance and friendship. Each theme is brought to life through unforgettable moments from beloved films—like “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Incredibles,” “Coco” and many more. The show will debut at 9:05 p.m. ET, just prior to the park’s “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
In addition to the events during the day, a Disney After Hours event has been scheduled for that evening.