Day 3 of the 2019 D23 Expo was highlighted by the Parks and Resorts presentation at 10:30 AM PST (1:30 PM PST). The presentation was hosted by Bob Chapek, the head of Parks and Resorts and Consumer Products.
A significant portion of the presentation was providing updates on previously announced projects, but we will cover all of the relevant Walt Disney World information below in the following six articles:
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Celebration
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Discovery
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Nature
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Showcase
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Everything Else
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
Additional details on the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience were shared at the presentation and on the Disney Parks Blog
- The adventure begins when you arrive at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for your two-night experience.
- You will be invited to enter a Launch Pod for transport into space. Through windows above, you’ll see yourself leave the real world behind as you jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the Halcyon.
- When the Launch Pod docks with the Halcyon and the airlock opens, you will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin your journey through a galaxy far, far away.
- A visit aboard the Halcyon becomes a multi-day story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters, and an excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The all-immersive experience also features entertaining activities, such as:
- Wielding a lightsaber while facing off against a training remote, where you may discover your own connection with the Force.