Day 3 of the 2019 D23 Expo was highlighted by the Parks and Resorts presentation at 10:30 AM PST (1:30 PM PST). The presentation was hosted by Bob Chapek, the head of Parks and Resorts and Consumer Products.
Epcot was the primary focus of the Walt Disney World portion of the presentation, however other smaller announcements, names, concept art and opening dates/seasons were revealed for other areas of Walt Disney World. Details on those other areas can be found in our “Everything Else” article for Day 3 of the D23 Expo.
As a part of these changes, Future World will no longer describe the front of the park. Instead the front of the park will be redefined by three “neighborhoods”:
- World Discovery (Former Future World East)
- World Celebration (Former center of Future World)
- World Nature (Former Future World West)
A significant portion of the presentation was providing updates on previously announced projects, but we will cover all of the relevant Walt Disney World information below in the following six articles:
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Celebration
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Discovery
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Nature
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Showcase
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Everything Else
World Nature is dedicated to preserving the beauty, awe and balance of the natural world.
Journey of Water
This exploration trail is inspired by Moana and in it guests will be able to play with magical, living water. The water will have a life of it’s own, just like Moana’s friend and guests will learn the importance of the natural water cycle.
Bob Chapek confirmed that Awesome Planet will debut in January 2020.