Day 3 of the 2019 D23 Expo was highlighted by the Parks and Resorts presentation at 10:30 AM PST (1:30 PM PST). The presentation was hosted by Bob Chapek, the head of Parks and Resorts and Consumer Products.
Epcot was the primary focus of the Walt Disney World portion of the presentation, however other smaller announcements, names, concept art and opening dates/seasons were revealed for other areas of Walt Disney World. Details on those other areas can be found in our “Everything Else” article for Day 3 of the D23 Expo.
As a part of these changes, Future World will no longer describe the front of the park. Instead the front of the park will be redefined by three “neighborhoods”:
- World Discovery (Former Future World East)
- World Celebration (Former center of Future World)
- World Nature (Former Future World West)
A significant portion of the presentation was providing updates on previously announced projects, but we will cover all of the relevant Walt Disney World information below in the following six articles:
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Celebration
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Discovery
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Nature
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Epcot’s World Showcase
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- 2019 D23 Expo Day 3: Parks and Resorts Presentation – Everything Else
World Discovery features stories about science, technology and intergalactic adventure.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
New concept art and the official name for the attraction was revealed as Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. The attraction will feature rotating roller coaster vehicles and a backwards launch.
The PLAY! Pavilion is expected to open by 2021 and will feature interactive games including an Edna Mode fashion game and a water-balloon fight with Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.
The name for the Space themed restaurant coming to the Mission: SPACE Pavilion is Space 220. The restaurant will be situated 220 miles above the surface of the Earth with viewing windows looking down on the Earth below.