Rumor StatusBlue Sky
In addition to the large changes coming to Hollywood Studios, it is also anticipated that significant changes are coming to both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom in the years leading up to the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World (2021).
March 21, 2017: WDWMagic.com user MagicFeather is reporting that the expected likelihood of projects taking place in Epcot is as follows:
- Mission: SPACE update/refurbishment
- Ratatouille attraction in the France Pavilion
- Guardians of the Galaxy attraction replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Small attraction addition to the United Kingdom Pavilion
- First new country in World Showcase (Likely Brazil)
- Living with the Land/The Land Pavilion refurbishment
- Second new country in World Showcase (Likely Spain)
March 15, 2017: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 is reporting approximate budgets for three parks:
- Hollywood Studios - $1.5 billion
- Epcot - $1 billion, but could be a little less or "quite a bit more"
- Magic Kingdom $600-700 million
February 27, 2017: WDWMagic.com user's marni1971 and MagicFeather have indicated that Epcot may undergo a "subtle" name change in the coming years. The comparison was the change from EPCOT Center to Epcot.
February 16, 2017: On the latest episode of the MiceChat podcast, Dusty Sage reports that the budget for improvements to Epcot is approximately $2 billion, however he did indicate that overages on Star Wars Land could see that reduced.
- One E-ticket
- Seasonal updates to Country Bear Jamboree
July 7, 2015: WDWMagic.com user PhotoDave219 has reported that Epcot and Magic Kingdom are expected to receive $300-350 million each as part of the large budget approved by the Board of Directors
July 3, 2015: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 has reported that the portion of the $3 billion+ budget coming to Walt Disney World that will be allocated to Epcot could be used for upgrades at the Energy Pavilion and Imagination Pavilion.
July 2, 2015: WDWMagic.com user Lee has confirmed that the budget is in excess of $3 billion for the entire resort as a whole. This is also expected to include additions to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom.