Guests attending the Star Wars: Galactic Nights event at Disney's Hollywood Studios on May 27th will be able to experience a preview of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
A panel discussion will be hosted by by actor David Collins titled Inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The panel discussion promises guests will be able to:
- See new photos of the land’s progress, including construction updates
- Learn more details about the planet Batuu
- Plus, other special surprises!
The panel will feature the following Imagineers:
- Scott Trowbridge, Portfolio Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering – A global creative leader, Scott oversees the strategic concept development and production of the Star Wars franchise at Disney Parks, a first-of-its-kind franchise-based portfolio. He also oversees Star Wars content across all lines of business at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, including merchandise, food & beverage, marketing and operations.
- Eric Baker, Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering – As a Creative Director for Walt Disney Imagineering, Eric is responsible for creating and developing stories and places for Disney theme parks and other Disney venues, as well as the implementation to bring these stories to life, from props to creatures. Some of Eric’s past projects include Tortuga Tavern, the extended Haunted Mansion queue and Star Tours – The Adventures Continue..
- Jon Georges, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering – With over 30 years of experience at Walt Disney Imagineering, Jon has produced many projects around the world, including the recent updates to Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park. Currently, Jon is producing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Margaret Kerrison, Managing Story Editor, Walt Disney Imagineering – Margaret is responsible for the overall story direction in the Star Wars portfolio and guides and manages Star Wars-related story initiatives throughout all Disney lands, resorts, and attractions. To create an authentic, compelling, and interconnected galaxy, she works collaboratively with other Imagineers and the Lucasfilm story team. Margaret has also worked on projects including Hyperspace Mountain in Disneyland, and Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.