WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 is reporting that for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, Disney is looking to add 50 "Magical Enhancements" for the 50th Anniversary. The 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World is October 1, 2021 and enhancements could include the following:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Finale explosion that was recently added to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris
- Walt Disney World Railroad - Small scenes added to the track.
- Carousel of Progress - New finale scene and general freshening of the attraction
- "it's a small world" - Addition of the Disney characters, similar to what was done in Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Tower of Terror - New effects in the drop shafts.
Other attractions that may see attention include Peter Pan's Flight, The Haunted MAnsion, Spaceship Earth, The American Adventure, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and more.
It is unknown if all projects will be completed during the anniversary year or leading up to the anniversary year.
We will track this as a "Blue Sky" rumor until more information surfaces.
'it's a small world', Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight, Spaceship Earth, The Haunted Mansion, The Seas with Nemo & Friends, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Walt Disney World Railroad: Fantasyland Station, Walt Disney World Railroad: Frontierland Station, Walt Disney World Railroad: Main Street U.S.A. Station, Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress