At an after hours press event on December 5th, Disney shared details on new Star Wars offerings coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios inspired by the upcoming Star Wars Film: Rogue One. The event was held at Epcot for invited guests and media. New details include:
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away - The stage show in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater will see an update on December 16th that will feature the Advanced Weapons Resource (AWR) Troops from Star Wars: Rogue One added to the show.
- Star Wars Launch Bay - New Rogue One props and replicas are currently on display inside the Launch Bay Gallery
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular - The fireworks show will return to Hollywood Studios on December 16th and will run along side Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! through December 31st. Both shows will be shown each night. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular will continue past the new year. The Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party will also return in 2017.
- Star Tours - The Adventures Continue - The randomization of the attraction will return in mid December. For more than a year, the first destination for all guests was locked to Jakku, the planet popularized by Star Wars Episode 7.
- Star Wars: Guided Tour - A new seven hour guided tour is currently in development at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The tour will include a ride on Star Tours - The Adventures Continue, the ability for younger guests to participate in the Jedi Training Academy - Trials of the Temple, a guided tour of Star Wars Launch Bay, dinner at a quick service restaurant, the Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, and fireworks viewing.
Star Wars: Rogue One debuts in theaters on December 16th. As part of the press event, Disney also used projection mapping on Spaceship Earth to turn it into the Death Star. Video of this can be found below.