A - Diversion
Winged Encounters is an educational bird show that takes place several times a day, highlighting six different species of Macaws: blue and gold, blue-throated, green-winged, hyacinth, military and scarlet.
- blue and gold macaw
- blue-throated macaw
- green-winged macaw
- hyacinth macaw
- military macaw
- scarlet macaw
Located in front of the Tree of Life Exhibits.
9:15 AM, 10:15 AM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM
The show begins with a selection of macaw species flying in from back stage. They all land on a perch and the host/educator begins a question and answer session. The question and answer session is free form, but there does appear to be some specific talking points about conservation and keeping these animals as pets.
The show ends with the birds flying from the perch up the path towards Expedition Everest into their backstage holding area.
The show features trained birds on a smaller scale than Flights of Wonder.
Attractions in the park that feature live animals are as follows:
- Animal Encounter - Rafiki's Planet Watch
- It Was All Started By a Mouse - Rafiki's Planet Watch
- Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight - Discovery Island
- The Oasis Exhibits - The Oasis
- Discovery Island Trails - Discovery Island
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail - Africa
- The Maharajah Jungle Trek - Asia
- Affection Section - Rafiki's Planet Watch
- The Tree of Life Exhibits - Discovery Island
- Siamang and Gibbon Exhibit - Asia
- American Crocodile Exhibit - Dinoland U.S.A.
- Habitat Habit! - Rafiki's Planet Watch