A - Diversion
The Discovery Island Trails are a series of quiet walking paths in and around the Tree of Life and Discovery Island. The path is highlighted by birds and other smaller animals, but also includes a Giant Galapagos Tortoise
- Paroon Shark-Catfish
- Nene Goose
- Military Macaw
- African Crested Porcupine
- Painted Stork
- Saddle-Billed Stork
- Cotton-Top Tamarin
- Giant Galapagos Tortoise
Located throughout the Discovery Island area in the pathways between the Tree of Life Exhibits and the Tree of Life. The exhibits begin near the exit to It's Tough to be a Bug and exit in two different locations near the bridge to Africa/across from Creature Comforts.
This attraction appeals to guests of all ages, especially animal lovers.
Times Guide – Opening/Closing
This attraction opens with the park and typically closes at dusk.
The animals may go into their night houses earlier than the closing time for the park when there is an early sunset. On these days, refer to the time guide or in park signage for the closing time. Signage exists near Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek indicating the closing time for those attractions. Most other animal enclosures will close at around the same time with the exception of Kilimanjaro Safaris which remains open later.
These exhibits are similar to The Oasis Exhibits, The Tree of Life Exhibits and the American Crocodile Exhibit
Attractions in the park that feature live animals are as follows:
- Animal Encounter - Rafiki's Planet Watch
- It Was All Started By a Mouse - Rafiki's Planet Watch
- Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight - Discovery Island
- The Oasis Exhibits - The Oasis
- Discovery Island Trails - Discovery Island
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail - Africa
- The Maharajah Jungle Trek - Asia
- Affection Section - Rafiki's Planet Watch
- The Tree of Life Exhibits - Discovery Island
- Siamang and Gibbon Exhibit - Asia
- American Crocodile Exhibit - Dinoland U.S.A.
- Habitat Habit! - Rafiki's Planet Watch